Motorcycle accident claims lawyers in Brisbane| Work Injury lawyers
Motorcycle Accidents
Can We Help?
Motorcycle Accident

If you were the driver or a passenger on a motorcycle and are in a road accident you believe wasn’t your fault, you may be eligible to claim. In Queensland, you may be able to make a compulsory third party (CTP) claim. All motor vehicle owners pay CTP insurance as part of their vehicle registration. In Queensland, this insurance goes to the CTP insurers through a scheme overseen by the Motor Accident Insurance Commission to provide assistance when someone is in a road accident. Brisbane Lawyers can help victims with claims if they are involved in an accident while riding a motorcycle.

How to make a claim

If the motor vehicle involved in the accident is registered, it will be covered by CTP insurance. Your claim will generally come from the CTP insurer, not the driver’s pocket. If the vehicle is unregistered and there is no CTP insurer, your claim will be against the State.

An experienced lawyer can oversee the process of making a CTP claim and pursuing a lawsuit where appropriate to prove whether:

  • You have suffered and/or disability as a result of the motor vehicle accident
  • The person who caused your accident or disability owes you a duty of care
  • The person has breached their duty of care by not following road rules, e.g. speeding


Depending on the case, you may be able to make an additional claim. For example if you were working at the time, or on your way to or from work, you may also be eligible for a worker’s claim.

Call us or contact us online
Who can make a claim

When you’re in a motor vehicle accident, you can claim for a variety of physical and mental and disabilities, including:

  • Soft tissue damage
  • Whiplash
  • Fractures
  • Dislocations
  • Scarring
  • Burns
  • Spinal
  • Head
  • Post-traumatic stress
  • Other psychological disorders


If you’re a dependent, for example a child or a spouse of someone who died because of a motorcycle accident, then you may be able to claim for the loss of financial support along with other expenses.

August 31, 2020
Australia has seen an unprecedented rise in the number of people working from home to help stop the spread of COVID-19. However, remote working was on
July 31, 2020
Ask any motorcyclist and they will tell you, there is no feeling like hitting an open road on their iron horse. But it certainly does not come without
July 20, 2020
A blast rang out at the Grosvenor coalmine in Moranbah, Queensland, about 180 kilometres south-west of Mackay on Wednesday 6th May 2020. Five men wer
Call Now Button